[linux-audio-user] emu10k1 multichannel support

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Mon Jan 31 04:53:46 EST 2005

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:56 +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
>

>>using "Playback Only", i am able to get down to 64 frames/periods when
>>using Mixxx - got a couple of xruns in a half-hour session (this was
>>with network running azureus and some other stuff).
>>
>>not sure if you're aware, but the latest patch is this one:
>>
>>http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/emu10k1-multichannel-v007.patch
>>

>Actually I just remembered I posted a newer version.  This connects the
>external inputs to the multichannel capture device.  The JACK capture
>ports should correspond exactly to the default kX ASIO capture channels
>(1,2 is Line/Mic, 9,10 is Line2/Mic2, etc),  You can record from all
>inputs at once, so with a LiveDrive you can record 4 or 6 analog inputs.
>
>http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/emu10k1-multichannel-v008.patch

i'm sure i applied the patch correctly, but does this get rid of the
following problem? :

>The last version I posted had a stupid bug where it captured
>the 16 FX buses instead of the 16 external inputs like I had intended.
>So you could only capture what you were playing back.

(btw - with this patch, i'm sure i've always been able to record from
the inputs *and* playback - the only problem is seperating the two so as
to only record the inputs through the ac97 codec, and not the playback
as well)

>>i'm not sure if this fixes the wavetabel synth, though - i still can't
>>get any sounds from the sb live onboard synth .... i'm gonna report back
>>to lee on the alsa-devel list, as that is probly the best place for
>>testing results, bug reports etc ...
>>

>This is the first I have heard of it.  The wavetable problem should have
>been fixed a while ago.  Please report it on alsa-devel.

my boo-boo - somewhere along the way my sfxload script got knocked out
of commission ... all is good now :)

shayne

ps - i'm sending this to alsa-devel as well, as it is probly more
appropriate there?