[linux-audio-user] [OT] disk recovery problem

Joel Roth res0u2uc at verizon.net
Mon Jan 31 04:31:51 EST 2005

Hi David,

Maybe worth checking the output of the following commands:

$ df

and

$ fdisk -l /dev/hda

and for good measure look for errors in /etc/fstab

Use *cfdisk* if you need to adjust your partition table.
You would have to be 7334 h at x0r to screw up a partition table
using cfdisk.

I can remember once confusing disks and deleting a partition
on the wrong disk. Recreating it with exactly the same
length as the original and the ext2 filesystem popped right
back up.

That is a good argument for printing out a hard copy of all
partition tables.

Joel

--
Joel Roth