[linux-audio-user] Re: Keyboard software and hardware

James Stone jmstone at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jul 1 15:14:47 EDT 2005

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:20:38 +0200, MarC wrote:

> En/na Greg ha escrit:
>
>>I'm looking at getting some sort of USB keyboard eventually.  So far the
>>CME UF5 looks awesome
>>http://www.arbitermt.co.uk/cme/cmehome.htm does anyone know about this
>>board?  I've touched some of the more oxygeny boards and they  all have a
>>very toys r us feel.  it doesn't have lights or neato LED labels for
>>stuff but it also costs 199 which is a lot less than korg's USB things:
>>299 for the 37 key mini and the big one is 61 keys for 399, I think.
>>

> for me evolution MK249C2 works without problems and very nicely. also
> truely plug&play.

Yes I can second the MK249C. Mine broke recently (I thought), I contacted
evolution technical support and they gave me some excellent info on
resetting the keyboard (press + and - together) and it is now back in the
land of the living! Has been very reliable over the last 3 years or so
that I have had it.

Nice feeling keys (IMHO) but not weighted unfortunately. Still pretty good
value.

James