[linux-audio-user] Realtime on 2.6.12 again

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Jul 2 10:13:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

recently I managed to get a latency of about 16msecs on my USB
device thanks to helpful people on this list (you know who
you are ;-). Thihs is much better than the 48msecs I got
before.

I still wonder and am trying to get even less latency without
xruns.

Before, I used a vanilla 2.6.10 with the RT-LSM-patch applied.

Meanwhile I installed a 2.6.12 with the preempt patch of INgo
Molnar. Unfortunately, it didn't get better results
concerning latency on my usb audio device.

So I'd like to know some things:

* Does a 2.6.12 with Ingo's patch require further system setup
to get lower latencies, or

* Should I apply futher patches and if which ones (RT-LSM has
been dropped)?

* What system tweaking is needed to get less latencies?

Any wee small hint is much appreciated.

Thanks & best regards

    ce