[linux-audio-user] no sound card

michel levy michel.levy at imag.fr
Mon Jul 4 06:54:06 EDT 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:
>>I have installed fedora core 3 (2.6.11-1.35_FC3) on a old
>>toshiba 310 CDT. system-config-soundcard does not find a
>>sound card.
>

> I'd try
>
> * enabling ALSA in the kernel (if it isn't)
> * running alsaconf from the alsa-utils package
>
> Best regards
>

>     ce
Thank you for your answer.

But I have two questions :
(1) How it's possible to verify that ALSA is enabled or not in the kernel ?
(2) The package alsa-utils is installed, I have all the commands
described in the REAME (amixer aplay) but not alsaconf.
Is this command replaced by another command ?

I don't understand why my soundcard is not detected at boot by kudzu :
Following toshiba specifications, the Sound Chip is on ISA BUS.

	Best regards

--
Michel Levy
L.S.R., Bureau C214, B.P.72 - 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES CEDEX