[linux-audio-user] More Homemade Music --

Frank smith fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 07:08:32 EDT 2005

tim hall wrote:
**********************************

All the vocals go down flat because the producer is
obsessive about matching vowel sounds and timing, using extreme editing and
pitch correction, where none was needed. This style of arranging/production
frequently fails to come up with a final mix as there is always something to
fix or add, basically because you didn't get it right the first time.

HI Tim
This must be the hardest learning curve for the home/demo production.
Having all that technology there to play with, and suffering with 'I wonder'
syndrome ('I wonder' if the vocals will sound better/deeper/fatter/etc! with this 'insert effect')

I'm writing a song in protest of the war in Iraq called
Hey Dude where's My Oil

A simple enough Blues/rock number.

I keep adding stuff to the vocals and guitar and then the next day I go back in Ardour to one of the earliest sets and it always sounds better!!!

Daft as it may sound maybe we should set a time limit for some songs and
force ourselves to work to this.
I have done some stuff for film and the deadlines helps you produce more music
faster.
I'll be sending a link to this song soon, now there's a deadline!!!!

cheers
Bob