[linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Jul 4 09:47:35 EDT 2005

tim hall wrote:
> There is now a 2.6.12-3-multimedia-* kernel available from Agnula,
> the problems you describe may have been fixed (I don't know).

It's likely to be a configuration problem, there haven't been any
changes in the kernel that should affect the MidiSport 2x2.

> This may also be due to changes in the ALSA modules (since >=
> 1.0.6) where MIDI support has been separated out from the
> individual card drivers. try modprobing snd-mpu401 with
> appropriate parameters.

The MidiSport uses an embedded i8051-compatible processor, not an
Intel southbridge. :-)  Changes in the snd-intel8x0/snd-mpu401 drivers
don't affect USB devices.

HTH
Clemens