[linux-audio-user] Re: Sound service and recording

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Tue Jul 5 19:57:42 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:

> Yup, and depending on the sound system the bassist is likely to get a
> much better sound going direct.  It all depends how much gear you like
> to haul around...

For the band I am in, our bass player uses an amp but uses the balanced
(XLR) direct out from the amp to the board.

I -- with my Marshalls -- mike my amps, if the venue calls for it.  Some
places are too small and don't need it.

And I will also contend that if the guitarist using a 100 watt Marshall
is more powerful than the PA, he's got no business playing a full stack
onstage.  For most gigs I've found a 50 watt combo (also Marshall) to be
more than adequate...

Oh, well, we're going off topic...

-- Brett
--