[linux-audio-user][OT]:It's not that Sound service and recording

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Wed Jul 6 08:06:38 EDT 2005

Frank smith wrote:

> One thing I had trouble learning as a guitarist
> with a stack is that sounds projects and Marshals and such develop sound
> quite a few feet in front
> of the player. So you think it's not that loud but the poor people
> watching you get haircuts!!

Yeah, and a 100 watt head needs to be turned up quite a bit to drive two
4x12 cabinets... for smaller venues, using just a single 4x12 is going
to be adequate (usually at about 4 or 5 you will get that classic
Marshall crunch).  A smaller combo (50 watts) starts really crunching
around 2 or 3... unless you have a dual-channel lead models like the
JCM800 or higher, and you can have a nice clean sound at a good volume
also.   Of course, this is for the tube amps... the solid state
*shudder* Marshalls don't require to be turned up as much before they
start crunching.

-- Brett

--
-- Brett