[linux-audio-user] More output

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Jul 8 04:19:37 EDT 2005

Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> writes:

> Back on Friday 08 July 2005 01:18 am, Mario Lang was like:
>> james at dis-dot-dat.net writes:
>> > After the recent glut of very good stuff coming through the lists, I
>> > feel less inclined to expose myself.
>> >
>> > But I will anyway.
>>
>> Man, I just discovered your music page and listened to most of your tracks,
>> and I have to say, I am truly fascinated.  You're doing great!!! music.
>> BeatFun is exactly the kind of thing that would have had me completely
>> freak out if played on a loud PA at some in/outdoor party.  All this
>> flangery tracker effect stuff reminds me very much so of my old tracker
>> days.  Its kind of sad that I never found a usable tracker on Linux
>> anymore.
>
> For old school style tracker, check out schism.
> For more modern stuff, you might like Skale.

Does any of these support a text mode interface?

ModEdit was a piano-roll like text-mode view with a simple editing cursor
which could be moved in all four directions.  The current channels notes were
displayed with different chars than all the "other channels notes" which
allowed for a very cute view of things IMO.  The more I think of it,
the more I want to reimplement that concept in Linux.

Anyone know a good tutorial on getting started with Ncurses or S-lang?  I
used to do text interfaces in DOS days, but I never quite got the hang
of the UNIX libs for char drawing...
--
CYa,
  Mario