[linux-audio-user] yet more music

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Sat Jul 9 10:27:03 EDT 2005

On Sat, 09 Jul, 2005 at 03:45PM +0200, Thorsten Wilms spake thus:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 12:42:37PM +0100, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > This is something I started a while ago, and only just got around to
> > finishing.
> >
> > http://dis-dot-dat.net/content/music/justtwo.ogg
>
> Very enjoyable, added to my collection.
> Beautyfull pads. The single note guitar sounds overly clean / plain
> for itself, but works very well with the rest the same reason.
>
> Suggestions out of the "it's good as is, but you
> might want to just try" category:
> - Extra depth can be given to a mix by having some sequence(s)
> with taken back heights by running through a lowpass filter
> or EQing plus long reverb, so they appear to be distant.
> - Especialy if the hi-hat doesn't play a straight pulse,
> it can work wonders to add tambourine, shaker, maracas ...
> that does.

Haha, yes.  I've done this a few times myself.  Especially when I
wanted to create something as beautiful as the introduction to Svefn G
Englar by Sigur Ros.  It was nowhere near as nice, so it got aborted,
but that muffled technique did sound nice.

> Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for listening, and replying.

James

> Thorsten Wilms