[linux-audio-user] Jackd outputs noise

Pierre-Antoine Champin lau-050706 at champin.net
Sun Jul 10 17:16:48 EDT 2005

Hi again linux audio users

I kind of solved my problems with my Audiophile USB :
now jack runs without any xruns, but playing anything (for example with
"alsaplayer -o jack" or ardour) only outputs noise.
Jack does not output any error/warning message, even whith the verbose
option...

any idea on what this may be ?

 thanks in advance...

  pA

PS: if this can be of any hel to anyone trying to get jack working with
an audiophile usb, I got it running with

jackd -R alsa -P plughw:2 -C plughw:2,1 -p 256 -n 4

and turning the card off and on just before launching jack often helps (!)