[linux-audio-user] Call for collaboration

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Jul 12 05:33:06 EDT 2005

Hi James,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:20:30AM +0100, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> I've been going back over some stuff I did a while ago, and found
> something that I decided to take in a slightly different direction.
>
> I have a rough cut of the new track at
> http://dis-dot-dat.net/content/music/sv_WIP.ogg
>
> What I want now is a collaborator or collaborators.  Mainly vocals and
> guitars.
>
> There're plenty of open spaces in the track for focusing on the new
> parts, so you can show off in the breaks.
>
> If anyone would care to have a listen and knock up some parts, I'll
> fiddle with putting them in the track.
>
> Vocalist must bring own "lyrical skillz" - I've tried writing lyrics
> before and ended up with the most puerile and naive drivel.
>
> I hope someone takes the bait, er, I mean opportunity; it would be
> interesting to see how something like this would work.
I downloaded it, and I kinda like it. I think I can come up with some
guitars to that. I did some fiddling around to the track Thorsten posted
some time ago, but did not post anything of it, since I was not that
satisfied with my playing on it.

My vocal abilities are just enough to sing some background in my band.
So I won't do any vocals for that. But in order to get along with vocals
it would be better for a potential vocalist to come with some lines
first, so I can accompany them and we don't get into each others way.

I'll take the track home tonight and see with what I can come up. I
think I can post that tomorrow.

Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842              |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern