[linux-audio-user] Problems appling realtime preempt patch to 2.6.12 (general)

Marcel Karras toka at freebits.de
Tue Jul 12 12:11:55 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've just joined the list and it's pretty interesting.
Can someone tell me something about the differences between the
preempt patch from Ingo and the "Realtime Linux Security Module"?
I currently use the latter one and I'm quite satisfied as jack works
really fast. Perhaps one should try this way instead of the vanilla
kernel patch. There have to be pros and cons I'm interested in. Can
someone point them out?

Greetings from Germany
- Marcel Karras

Contact: toka at freebits.de   karma at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology