[linux-audio-user] Call for collaboration

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Wed Jul 13 21:26:49 EDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul, 2005 at 06:18PM +0200, Christian Schumann spake thus:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:21:00AM -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 04:32:34PM +0200, Christian Schumann wrote:
> > > I uploaded the complete ardour session, including multiple takes etc.
> > > Ardour uses wav files, and I decided to upload the session so James has
> > > all the sync info.
> >
> > Yeah then you can use flac123 to convert it back to wav.
> >
> > flac123 -w guitar_track1.wav guitar_track1.flac
> >
> > A bash script can be used to uncompress all of them at once. Then you can also use rsync to update additional changes to conserve badwidth perhaps. cvs might be usefull on a project like this.
> ok. I haven't looked at falc up to now, and I have not used cvs except
> for anonymous cvs checkouts. Has someone experience on that?

Well, I do.  I use it a lot, but by homw machine has such a slow
upstream it's not worth it.  The machines I normally use for CVS would
be great, except they belong to my employers (a UK university with a
bit of a fetish for controlling what we do with our computers) and
can't really get away with letting other people have that kind of
access.

I think perhaps we'd be better just using flac for exchange of source
sounds, swapping back to wav when needed.

James

> Christian

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)