[linux-audio-user] Re: "Music" made with Linux!

Frank smith fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 19:19:03 EDT 2005

tim hall wrote:

>Last Thursday 14 July 2005 16:45, Juhana Sadeharju was like:

>>>You gotta be kidding.
>>>Are you suggesting to replace a Kurzweil K2661, or an Alesis Andromeda,
>>>or a Hartmann Neuron with ZynAddSubFX?
>>>

>>Well, you're basically saying that the Linux audio is not
>>professional enough yet. This information is great. Now
>>you should tell the ZynAddSubFX author (Paul?) what his
>>software is missing.
>>
>>If musicians avoid using Linux software synths and other similar
>>software, we simply don't face the problem. It does not help
>>if only non-musicians try to use these software. We need
>>a demo made by professional musicians, not by non-musicians.
>>

>Recording it straight to Ardour, you understand. ;)

/"psychoacoustics and doing what you can with what you've got"
/
Its the 'psychoacoustics' bit that changes everything!!!!

Just be a slave to the sound!

If it works use it.

Ardour brought me this:
http://www.web-links.net/ogg

And you'll hear how it progressed to the mastering stage.

Behringer says: Just Listen

sounds good to me.

Enjoy

Bob