[linux-audio-user] Call for collaboration

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Jul 15 08:58:06 EDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul, 2005 at 05:50PM +1000, Shayne O'Connor spake thus:
<snip>
> >Good job!  I think these will fit well with the Christian's guitar
> >part.
> >
> >I wish I had  time to do this today, but I really don't.
>

> ok, i redid the vocals - sound a *bit* better - but seeing as you wanted
> the first ones, i've included both in a tarball:
>
> http://blog.machinehasnoagenda.com/files/sv_wip_vocals.tgz

I really just meant that I can play with them until you have a
recording you're happy with, and then do it all "properly".

> there's two .flac files in there, vocal_1 is the first vocals i did,
> vocal_2 ... you guessed it ... these are totally dry and have only had
> some normalising in the way of processing - please, at least put some
> reverb on them :D

No problem.

> i'd gotten my inspiration for the lyrics and melody before hearing
> christian's guitar, and i didn't want to listen to it that much in case
> it put me off what i'd come up with - in any case, between my
> contribution, christian's, james' and yours should be able to mix up
> something pretty damn good (most of james' stuff comes before or after
> what i sing, i think, so it could work well ... i don't know).

Errr... I am James.

> also, i've always liked my voice doubled-up ... here's a quick mix with
> my two vocal versions and some reverb:
>
> http://blog.machinehasnoagenda.com/files/sv_WIP_vocals.ogg

That does sound good.

> have fun

I will, don't worry!

> shayne
>
> btw - the .tgz file is 11mb ... let me know if there's any problems, or
> anything else you need.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)