[linux-audio-user] Re: Music --

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 15 14:55:05 EDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:13:10 -0600
> From: Steve D <groups at xscd.com>
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Music --
> To: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille at gmail.com>,    A list for linux audio
>         users <linux-audio-user at music.columbia.edu>

<snip>

> I found two patches in ZynAddSubFX that sounded great layered, the
> "Soft
> Arpeggio3" and the "Ice Rhodes2," but every time I recorded the piece
> routing the audio output of ZynAddSubFX through Jack to Rezound, I
> would
> receive just one or two brief overruns. These became frustrating, so I
> instead reluctantly resorted to using one of the sounds from one of my
> external MIDI tone generators, the SRX-02 "Concert Piano" expansion
> boand in my Roland FantomXR, routing the audio into the computer via
> an
> M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card.
>
> However, I must say that I was very impressed with the sounds that
> ZynAddSubFX produces and I hope to do more study and resolve Jack's
> overrun issue because I would very much like to record using "soft
> synths" such as ZynAddSubFX.

Did you get glitches on the recording as well as audible ones while
performing?
The reason I'm asking is that I play with zyn with a very low latency,
and get occasional xruns, but when I play the recording back in Ardour,
the glitches seem to have vanished.

I'm not sure why this is, perhaps it's different recording into Ardour
rather than Rezound.