[linux-audio-user] ams + list dead?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:02:50 EDT 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> If you can stand the interface, maybe Pd is an alternative? It's
> generally rock-solid and has a huge user and developer base.

I looked at it a couple of years ago. IMHO it didn't handle polyphony
very gracefully, as you had to hardcode the number of voices into each
patch. Maybe that has changed?

At that time I was looking for a do-it-all system, and ended up staying
with csound which I knew already. Now I'm trying out the posibility of
using a mixture of softsynths together over jack. So in that light PD
might be useful as a monophonic synth...

--
   .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
  : :' :  Atte