[linux-audio-user] Just got 2.6.12-3-multimedia

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Jul 18 13:18:17 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 02:21, Lee Revell wrote:
> You should not need it, since 2.6.12 the standard kernel contains the
> realtime rlimits.  If your distro ships a 2.6.12 kernel, they need to
> update their PAM and bash packages to support this feature
> (check /etc/security/limits.conf and the output of ulimit for any
> mention of real time priority).  Otherwise it's a bug.

I'm running kubuntu/breezy with their 2.6.12-3-amd64-generic kernel
and not sure what else to actually check for. My /etc/security/limits.conf
is totally commented out and ulimit returns "unlimited". Is there a
URL for a _current_ document about howto select the proper kernel
options and where to get the right PAM patch etc ?

I'd like to 9or anyone can) add some information here...

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=RealtimeKernelAndPAM

--markc