[linux-audio-user] realtime preemption & nvidia kernel module

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Jul 18 17:54:37 EDT 2005

> > but starting the x server, the screen remains blank ... dmesg says:
> > NVRM: Trying to sleep during raised irql!!
> > NVRM:   are we holding a lock?
> > NVRM:   skipping os_delay
> >
> > is this a known issue? are there any workarounds?
> >

> yeah, i've been getting this with the last few kernels ... doesn't
> seem  to have any ill-effects, though ...
do you remember, when this behaviour started?

> you will probly get zero help with this problem seeing as it's a
> proprietary driver.
well, in the contrary to the open source module, the proprietary driver
doesn't start to display display weird colors on my screen after a few
minutes ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs