[linux-audio-user] Made with Linux

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Mon Jul 18 18:30:38 EDT 2005

David Collins <davidcollins78 at yahoo.com>:
> Entirely monotonous (you've been warned); totally
> unpolished; in it's formative stages; etc. etc.. I was
> just excited at having produced anything at all with
> my new Linux mini-studio, so ...
>
> http://83.141.72.40/music/92/complete.ogg

David, the piano theme makes me think of children smiling, of age, of a
tree's beauty. To me it is very, very moving. I think part of that is
that the "piano" is deeply anchored in our acoustic and social world,
like you hear a century when you hear a piano. And part of it is the
beauty of simple things, like a child that smiles at you. Like the
movement of your theme. I'm listening over and over.

Another thing, bluntly put: The drums suck so very hard that they manage
to make me cry after all. Know what I think? That drum-sequencers are
just wrong. They do strange things to people. They did to the 80s.

All the best to you, Wolfgang