[linux-audio-user] alsa midi processor again

Peter Brinkmann brinkman at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jul 18 19:53:25 EDT 2005

Atte,
> >I've cobbled together a very simple bit of code that splits MIDI events
> >according to note values. I wouldn't use it in this form in any serious
> >way, but it should be enough to give you an idea as to how to build MIDI
> >routers with Python.
>
> That's very nice, thanks alot! I works fine here, I suppose "wouldn't
> use it in this form" refers to the the adhoc interface, rather than the
> actual performance? At least my playing around with is worked fine, as
> mentioned.
You're right, I'm not worried about performance. My main concern is
that this simple router only deals with note on/off events and silently
drops everything else. If I were to develop a full-fledged MIDI router,
I would spend some time meditating on what to do with control change
events and such since it's not entirely clear how to split those.

> I'll look into it asap. The chance that I'll produce something useful
> with python compared to C is... greater :-)
Great! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    Peter