[linux-audio-user] My CD Player/Burner stopped working

Mike Jewell mj405 at oneupaudio.com
Tue Jul 19 14:52:52 EDT 2005

Thanks for the reply Frank.  But I've tried alsamixer with no success.
I actually usually use Envy24control which seems to control most of the
same settings (all of which I have at max just to be sure.)  Although in
the past "PCM Outs" 1 and 2 have been adequate along with DAC 1 and 2.

I'm wondering if my burner has actually failed.  Could it be that the
digital output is broken even though the built-in DtoA is fine?

The other evidence is that when I try to burn wav files to it with
XcdRoast, I get:  "OPC Failed".

Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Mike

<pirrone at localnet.com> wrote:
Mike,

You've got to closely scrutinize alsamixer to make sure the correct
channel is unmuted and raised to the point where you will hear the CD
playing.  The headphone jack has nothing to do with your computer at
all
so it tells you nothing.  The fact that your card is working and that
your CD drive worked suggests the upgrade left a setting altered on the
mixer.

Frank