[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

J_Zar j_zar at openjay.org
Tue Jul 19 15:23:46 EDT 2005

Alle 18:07, martedì 19 luglio 2005, Russell Hanaghan ha scritto:
> J_Zar wrote:
> >Alle 18:58, domenica 17 luglio 2005, paniq at paniq.org ha scritto:
> >>a simple poll for your ml people here:
> >>
> >>a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?
> >
> >PCLinuxOS
> >
> :)  Off topic but how did you get turned onto PClinuxOS? Was it from
>
> this list?
>
> R~

Well... I was searching for a Mandrake alternative because I dislike limited
free Mandrake repositories... Searching on the net I found PCLoS... I found a
well established community (pclinuxonline.com)... I tryed the boot CD and I
was astonished from the power of that stuff... Then I installed it and I am
very happy of this distrib. I used lot of distros in my pcs (each one for
several months): Fedora / RH (1 year), Mandrake (4 years), Debian (3 months),
knoppix hd installed (2 months), Ubuntu (this one only few weeks), Mepis (2
months)....

Actually.. I'm happy with PCLoS... and I think it can be a good choise for
many users!

Cheers,