[linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

John Mulholland johnmulholland at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 20 08:54:52 EDT 2005

>>Both somewhat weak answers, but part of the Linux culture seems to be
>>trying new things out, eh?
>>
>>And there never seems to be an end to the old machines that can be
>>resurrected by Linux.
>>

>Indeed!:)
>
>tim hall
>http://glastonburymusic.org.uk

I have found a great piece of software called Bootit NG that allows me
to easily try out a few different distros all on the same machine. You
load this sofware at bootup, it then extends the Master Boot Record of
your computer. This allows you more flexibility with partitions and so
on. I am sure this could all be done by an individual distro, buts its
nice to be able to have a program which is point and click simple.

It's not open source sadly :( but it is shareware, and if I recall, its
not too expensive either. I use to use in a test lab to quickly simulate
different MS OSes on the same hardware. But dont let that put you off,
its very linux friendly!

Btw, I use Kubuntu.