[linux-audio-user] 2.6.12-3 multimedia kernel--snd-mpu401 does not modprobe

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:56:32 EDT 2005

Last Thursday 21 July 2005 13:52, Clemens Ladisch was like:
> tim hall wrote:
> > I'm currently running the 2.6.12-3-multimedia-686 kernel and it
> > autoconfigured my MIDI port fine.
>
> This works only if ACPI is enabled.  Without ACPI, the port and irq
> parameters must be specified.

OK, thanks for clarifying.

> > I have experienced problems with the i8x0 alsa drivers (since
> > alsa-1.0.6).
>
> MPU-401 support was removed from the snd-intel8x0 driver in version
> 1.0.7 because it didn't work correctly.

The above works around this problem in this kernel, but I also ran into
problems with realtime use. Swapped soundcards and the same kernel runs fine.
Sorry, not to have kept better notes and isolated the problem, this is my
production system, such as it is, so I have just moved on and kept working.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk