[linux-audio-user] Miditech Midistudio-2 and Linux

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Thu Jul 21 10:59:14 EDT 2005

Hector Centeno wrote:
> I did configure and make and everything seems ready for
> installation. Should I just install on top of the CCRMA
> alsa-driver?  Both are version 1.0.9

If they are the same version, nothing should change (except for the
change you've made yourself, of course).

> If I try to uninstall the alsa-driver using synaptic it warns
> about uninstalling a very long list of applications that depend on
> it.

It should be safe to just overwrite the the old driver files ("make
install-modules" does exactly that).

If you're paranoid you can make a backup of everything in
/lib/modules/(version)/kernel/sound/; nothing else will be changed by
the above command.

HTH
Clemens