[linux-audio-user] Miditech Midistudio-2 and Linux

Hector Centeno h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 22 14:24:42 EDT 2005

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>Hector Centeno wrote:
>

>>ok! I got alsa rebuilt and the keyboard recognized, this is the output
>>of amidi when I play some notes:
>>
>>[root at localhost ~]# amidi -a -d -p hw:2,0,1
>>09
>>90 3C 5F
>>   09
>>90 3C 00
>>   09
>>90 3B 5D
>>

>This is the standard USB MIDI protocol from the USB Audio
>specification; the driver already knows how to speak this.
>
>Please remove the change from usbquirks.h and apply the patch below
>(go to the alsa-driver directory and run "patch -p1 < patchfile");
>then everything should work fine.
>

>HTH
>Clemens

I got it! For getting the keyboard recognized I erased _VENDOR_SPEC from
the definition in usbquirks.h and left it like this:

{
	USB_DEVICE(0x7104, 0x2202),
	.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t) {
		.vendor_name = "Miditech",
		.product_name = "MidiStudio-2",
		.ifnum = 0,
		.type = QUIRK_MIDI_MIDITECH
	}
},

instead of:

{
	USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_SPEC(0x7104, 0x2202),
	.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t) {
		.vendor_name = "Miditech",
		.product_name = "MidiStudio-2",
		.ifnum = 0,
		.type = QUIRK_MIDI_MIDITECH
	}
},

It creates two ports:
hw:2,0,0  MidiStudio-2 MIDI 1
hw:2,0,1  MidiStudio-2 MIDI 2

The second one is the one with the Midi stream from the keyboard. What
would be the first one?

Thank you a lot!!!! Right now I'm playing ZynAddSubFX through Jack using
my Midistudio-2 USB.

Hector