[linux-audio-user] Where we are at

John Mulholland johnmulholland at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 23 10:24:12 EDT 2005

At the moment I am writing an article about oss audio. It is intended to
be a kind of snap shot and introduction to the open source audio scene.
Kinda daunting topic! Also its not easy to write it as the mag obviously
do not want to offend many of their advertisers.

So far, I have done a brief intro to Open Source, a focus on Hollywood
using linux, and a bit about live distros, JACK, ALSA and LADSPA. I plan
on focusing on three key apps, touch on hardware compatability, and then
I ramble for a bit about where things might lead in future. Am happy to
email what I have so far to anyone for comments.

I am amazed that at my newsagent there are five mags for OSS and five
mags for music on a computer, and not one that comprises the two. As far
as I am aware this'll be the first major focus on OSS in a music mag so
am shitting myself !! I really dont want to screw this up !!

If anyone is interested in the article please do get in touch, am happy
to mail over a work in progress document for comments and suggestions.

Hope you are all having a good day,

John