[linux-audio-user] Opening up the discussion

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jul 24 10:20:48 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 11:33:04 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > why do you say not-so-skilled? theres very skilled
> > musicians making great music with Fruity Loops, of which
> > LMMS is a verbatim ripoff of..
>
> without any doubt. I told it wrong (due to my bad english,
> sorry :).
>
> I wanted to say that lmms is easier to use than learning about
> JACK, Ardour and a sequencer, so even beginners can get a
> positive experience about linux audio.

The JACK thing is potentially a bad thing IMHO, not requiring jack is
fine, but it can/should be easy enough to make an app like that use JACK,
with the new auto-load stuff.

You still have ot have controls for hte buffer sizes and so on if you want
real-ish time support, so you may as well suport JACK.

- Steve