[linux-audio-user] Opening up the discussion -> why it is hard in the beginning

Leonard "paniq" Ritter paniq at paniq.org
Sun Jul 24 16:39:05 EDT 2005

On Sunday 24 July 2005 21:30, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > > I think it's great if "normal users" enter the free
> > > software world, but those should perhaps use the software
> > > only and shut up ;-) ?
> >
> > or file helpful bug reports. most of them come from an
> > operating system that was claiming to be their bitch. with
> > gnu software, its a symbiosis. we are each others bitch. ;)
>
> Filing bugreports is a difficult task. Not every user is able
> to file valuable reports.

in the beginning. when we introduced a bugtracker in my company, people were
initially crapping in our bugtracker as if we might have a magical third eye
that allows us to read their minds.

i used to append a link to
http://www.mozilla.org/quality/bug-writing-guidelines.html to the bug report,
which improved the quality of bug reports drastically.

--
-- leonard "paniq" ritter
-- http://www.paniq.org