[linux-audio-user] Opening up the discussion

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sun Jul 24 20:05:20 EDT 2005

On 24 July 2005 at 5:53, Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:

>     Third, a point in favor of using Linux audio.  Do you know of anyone
> who has asked for a new feature in, for example, T-RackS that has
> received a new version of the software with the feature installed in
> less than 24 hours?  I seriously doubt it.  We've done that with JAMin
> and I've seen it happen with Ardour repeatedly.

It's not just asking for a feature.  I created bank definitions for
my Alesis QS8 keyboard for the Rosegarden sequencer.  I let its list
know about that and a developer took my bank definition for inclusion
in version 1.0, which started its release cycle a few days later.  I
know of user groups for other app's that let users share amongst each
other, but I've not heard of developers actually taking "code" from
users and folding it into the main product -- OK I haven't been
listening either.  Examples to enlighten me would be enjoyable.

Cheers...

--
Kevin