[linux-audio-user] No capturing in 2.6.12.2

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Mon Jul 25 09:30:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

> > * My USB card has always been card 2 (or even three) on
> > 2.6.10. This is the first day that the USB card is card 0
> >
> > * The USB card now remains as card 0 even in 2.6.10?!?
>
> To make sure that each card gets its proper card number
> even when the driver modules are loaded in a different
> order, check that each driver has the "index" option set in
> /etc/modprobe.conf, e.g.:
>
> options snd-intel8x0 index=0
> options snd-intel8x0m index=1
> options snd-usb-audio index=2

I already knew about the index options, but regardless which
combinatioin I try, it appears to take no effect.

I remember that I switched on the virmidi driver when
rebuilding my 2.6.10 kernel. Maybe I should switch it off (I
don't actually use it...)?

[...]

> /etc/asound.state, written by "alsactl store" and read by
> "alsactl restore".

Thanks a lot. Deleted it, but didn't solve the prob (OK, we
didn't really expect it to do so).

Well, the USB card now always appears as card 0. I can deal
with it, but it would be nice to have the AC 97 back as 0 /
default to have the usual news video feed outputting sound to
the onboard speakers of my notebook and to use USB audio
connected to my monitor speakers for audio work only.

Best regards

    ce