[linux-audio-user] More music -> Even more music

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon Jul 25 14:40:37 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul, 2005 at 07:49PM +0200, Esben Stien spake thus:
> October <extremecs at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Very nice tracks, both of them!
>
> Yeah, I was moving too;)
>
> > habit of including some of the creation details
>
> Yeah, that would be great

Cheesetracker.  LADSPA effects - the usual suspects: glame bandpass,
SC4.  Plus cheesetracker's internal reverb, distortion and EQ.

The above applies to pretty much everything I do.  I usually use jamin
afterwards to master, but not on this track because it's meant to be
airy.

> > how you accomplished that certain special sound
>
> Yeah, nice
>
> I believe music is functional works; at least for me, it gets me
> places. I think the source should follow music as well, so as to
> learn. This would, in my opinion, include the csound/supercollider
> files, the pattern, samples, lyrics and all else that might have been
> used.
>
> I can't even convince my best friend to think of music as functional
> works in the sense I'm talking about, but it's really great if we saw
> more free music in this fashion.

Ask and you shall recieve - if you want the source for any of my
stuff, just ask.

> It would also be nice if people would tag their music so when
> listening to it later next month, I'll be able to quickly identify who
> made it.

Always do.

> I would recommend looking into matroska containers which I use for
> everything now.

I hadn't heard of it until now - how well is it supported?

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)