[linux-audio-user] A hand please?

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Mon Jul 25 17:11:45 EDT 2005

james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> Hi peeps.
>
> As usual, I really want a guitar part in a track I'm working on and
> can't play any more than the first few bars of "Everybody hurts" at
> half speed.
>
> So, I have created a sound file with the tune I want, played by a
> pretend guitar and hope that someone on the list can play it for
> real.  If you prefer the notes, that's no problem either.
>
> The sound I was after didn't quite work - I wanted something fuzzy,
> and a little less sharp than I managed.
>
> The soundfile is at
> http://dis-dot-dat.net/content/music/fl_git_rubish.ogg

I'm no professional guitarist, but I'd more be happy to give it a go...
I only have a cheap soundcard at the moment, but I can at least get you
something with a real guitar on.

I think I can play it from the ogg, but written music can only help...

Can you give me some reference points please - are there any tracks with
a similar guitar sound on you could point me too? What does the rest of
the track sound like? What tempo do you want it recorded at - I can
approximate the example, but it might?

Regards
Michael Nelson