[linux-audio-user] debian libjack problem

Joachim Schiele joachim at muse-sequencer.org
Mon Jul 25 21:30:03 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 02:49, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Been suspecting it for a long time, now I'm sure: apt-get is Buster
> Keaton actually. I'd say "Y".
>
> Oh I wouldn't. Can't you tell apt-get to ignore its own reasoning for a
> second and just force-install jackd? libarts1-dev shouldn't care.

Hey,

dpkg -i --force-all jackd*.deb should be working (didn't test it tough) but i
fear independencies later on, so it's better to wait for some time until it's
fixed.

btw: how can this be fixed, does the package maintainer have to recompile it
with different dependencies like: (>=) on libjack0.80.0-dev. Is it really
just that missing >?

Or have all packages to be compiled against libjack0.80.0 AND libjack0.100.0?
(So we have doubled the packages? *I don't think so* )

Greets,
Joachim