[linux-audio-user] Re: El-Cheapo success with alsa lib 1.0.8 but not with 1.0.9

Salvatore Di Pietro salvuz_78 at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 26 15:20:21 EDT 2005

Arnold Krille wrote:

[cut]

> You know that since alsa1.0.9 or lee revels multichannel patch, you
> got a 16in/16out card with every sblive?

Yeah, I used to patch ALSA 1.0.8 before, to obtain that feature...
But my Live has got only one ADC, so I can capture only 2 analog
channels a time. Having 16 "devices" (some of which wired to front, rear
and center/LFE outputs) doesn't help, as I wanted to try the 4 in
feature... :(

> I can use 6 analog ins and 6 analog outs on my sblive with live!drive...

So you have more than one ADC on your LiveDrive setup?

> Apart from your problem, maybe you will get even more channels with
> your combined sblives. :-)

I tried once, and if my memory doesn't miss, it worked...

--
           salvuz
      POST FATA RESVRGO