[linux-audio-user] jack xruns on SUSE 9.3 with Edirol UA25 card

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Jul 27 21:10:29 EDT 2005

Ubuntu had 2.6.10 something with realtime-lsm module.

On Suse I haven't recompiled the kernel. Just the realtime module, with
the patched kernel.

It's the one shipped with Suse 9.3 (2.6.11.4-21.7-default).

I forgot to mention that before than that I also tried with a custom
compiled vanilla 2.4.11.7 with rt-lsm and realtime-preempt patches and
got loads of xruns.

Anyway yesterday I pushed jack settings way to 5ms latency (p128 -n3
with 24bits, 44.100k, 2 ins, 2 outs).
Is it possible to achieve such low latency for USB 1.1 card?

I doubt I had two instances of jack running, changed settings on the
frontmost qjackctl, and listened to the output from the first instance.
I disconnected and reconnected Muse and Zyn various times to change the
buffer size. And I also noticed the degradation of sound when pushing
jack settings so too far.

I haven't had any xrun. Even when connecting apps.

c.