[linux-audio-user] Ardour (was: Opening up the discussion)

Steve D groups at xscd.com
Thu Jul 28 09:58:55 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 06:09:18PM +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> [Quoting Lars Luthman:]
> > Paul Davis also did a nice demo of Ardour at LAC2005,
> > there's a video recording of it here:
> > http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/contrib/zkm_meeting_2005/video/paul_davis-ardour.theora.ogg
> > (Theora video and Vorbis sound)
>
> VLC can play it for sure, just in case it doesn't work on your
> favorite player.
> Best regards
>     ce
--- ---

Both vlc and xine played it fine on this DeMuDi 1.2.1 machine.

It was great to finally see and hear the elusive Paul Davis (just
kidding) describe and discuss Ardour's features and the direction Ardour
development is heading.

The recent complaints about Ardour on this list (about how Ardour looks,
key bindings, being required to create a session (tell Ardour where to
put the files) first, whether a person who knows nothing about the
program can instantly put it to great use) all seem trivial to me
now that I have spent just a little time with Ardour and the online
manual.

It is easy to use Ardour and does not require much foreknowledge, and it
has all kinds of flexibility and power. Thank you so much, Paul and
other Ardour developers/contributors.

Steve D
New Mexico US
History from a 10 year old: "Ancient Egypt was old. It was
inhabited by gypsies and mummies who all wrote in hydraulics.
They lived in the Sarah Desseret. The climate of the Sarah is
such that all the inhabitants have to live elsewhere."