[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity and jack

Thu Jul 28 14:56:27 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 02:06, Emmanuel Serié wrote:
> Le Mercredi 27 Juillet 2005 23:17, David Ford a écrit :
>
> > See the Audacity wiki --
> > http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.pl?LinuxIssues -- it has details on
> > how to make audacity work with alsa. (and maybe then jack as well)
> >
> > David
>
> Thanks!
> I have compile it as they say, using the latest portaudio-v19 and it works
> apparentlty perfectly!
> Just, a client PortAudio-5121 appear when I do "play" in audacity, but it
> desappear when I do "stop". So I can't do a connection between audacity and
> other output client of jack than alsa_pcm...

I think I read somewhere you can select the connection from inside
audacity, but not for other jack clients that were not there when
audacity started.

The very "unjack" behavior of being connected only while playing is one
of the reasons I have not yet built a jack enabled audacity in Planet
CCRMA. I don't know if the culprit is portaudio itself or the code
inside audacity. Well, maybe I should build one anyway.

-- Fernando