[linux-audio-user] jack xruns on SUSE 9.3 with Edirol UA25 card - SOLVED

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri Jul 29 00:28:00 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 05:11 +0200, Cesare wrote:
>
>>I've tried also with a vanilla 2.6.11.7 with both the realtime preempt
>>and the realtime-lsm patch. And got even more xruns.
>>But maybe I haven't disabled some daemon or something else.
>>

>If you still get xruns with the realtime preempt kernel then enable the
>latency tracing options and see what is in /proc/latency_trace.
>
>Lee

I prefer not to patch and recompile the kernel for this installation, I
need at least a stable linux on my hd to show to my friends when they
come to my house/studio :-) . I'll experiment with a fresh install on
another disk partition. I can cope with having ethernet disabled. I
don't need it when I'm making music. But I'll try to have both the
ethernet and jack without xruns for testing purposes.

Thanks again.

c.