[linux-audio-user] Re: [LAM] A piece with singing...

James Stone jmstone at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jul 29 03:55:12 EDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:17:45 +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> James Stone <jmstone at dsl.pipex.com>:
>> http://www.jmstone.dsl.pipex.com/rs232-shiningsun.ogg
>
> What a beautiful song, James. Me likes Belle and Sebastian so I like your
> voice and the way you sing too. And then I love to hear real stuff. You
> could plosive into your not so bad mic as long as you like and your song
> still shines for me.
>
> The piano soundfont is not exactly flattering for Steinway and the Hammond
> sound, oh well ... forget it. It's such a relief to hear a beautiful voice
> in the midst of all the dead stuff.
>
> Where is the next majik track? The next Conor O'Tuama song? Will Ron's
> throat recover to the angelic quality of "Hypocrisy" I miss so? Walking
> home alone? Not with a song in my heart.

Thanks for your comments.. It's pretty overwhelming!

I agree that the soundfonts are not as good as real instruments, but they
are the closest I have got..

I am not completely happy with my singing on this but didn't think it was
worth being too perfect against the background of cheesy soundfonts.. I
may yet re-record it..

On the subject of Mics, does anyone think it is worth spending anything on
a low-end microphone considering I will be recording in a room with
echoing walls, and a not=so silent computer, into a cheap SBLive! card??

All the best,

James