[linux-audio-user] jack xruns on SUSE 9.3 with Edirol UA25 card - SOLVED

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Fri Jul 29 14:03:18 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 01:40:36PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 12:43 -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > Is the wiki in a decently up to date state on this stuff?
> I think all the steps he mentioned are in the wiki.  But it's a bad idea
> to expect any realtime preempt related site to be accurate.  It changes
> too fast.  If you set out to document every single feature, by the time
> you finished, half the doc would be obsolete.  Then by the time you get
> up to speed on the changes since you started the docs, 75% of your doc
> would now be obsolete.  Etc.  Better off just spending your time testing
> and writing code, to get the damn thing finished faster.
> Once realtime preempt is in the Linus kernel, then it might be a good
> idea to document it, because at that point they are at least committed
> to keeping the userspace API stable.

Ok. understood regarding documentation. Can I rely on you (and perhaps
Florian) to get me up to speed on the state of things when I get back on
the 8th? i.e. "just ask here" ...?

I really appreciate all the efforts you and Florian and others have put
into pressing these issues with the kernel developers and helping others
here to test. I've tried a number of times since 2.6 came out to
participate in testing the pre-empt stuff, but mostly on my own time at
home. Often I just didn't have time to follow through as I would have
very much liked to be able. Now I'm actually _tasked_ with working on
this stuff for work, so I think I can justifiably commit significant
hours to it.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia