[linux-audio-user] Range of instruments

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 30 14:31:15 EDT 2005

The recommendations given thus far are probably good choices for the
original question.

For those who really want to study *instruments*, I believe that the foremost
text is: The Physics of Musical Instruments 2ed. (ISBN 0-387-98374-0),
by Fletcher and Rossing.  Some may say this is too technical; I say
it's not technical enough, but merely an introduction.  It does require
some understanding of physics at the Halliday & Resnick level, introductory
physics with calculus.  (Oh, I keep forgetting that they added some guy
named Walker.)  Fletcher and/or Rossing have also published other books
and articles that some readers may find more suitable.