[linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

PhilJackson pjfjacks at swbell.net
Sat Jul 30 22:15:21 EDT 2005

I think #2 might be the easy part.  The external soundcanvas has a
button which will generate a "test" signal - this seems to come back
through and out the speakers just fine.  Seems to be "Line" on the
Alsamixer.

Perhaps ALSA is not seeing the port through which the MIDI signal needs
to go through to the external module?  Your example of aconnect -o
showed a Midi Through port - mine does not show.
Minor fix or fundamental problem?  Thinking the latter, as
[type=kernel] sounds like something fundamental to the OS I am guessing.....

thanks to all for the suggestions - at least it is narrowed down to some
"might work / should work" and "won't work" answers.

Phil J.