[linux-audio-user] Re: Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Jul 31 17:05:21 EDT 2005

> Sure about SuSE? One of the reasons I went away from SuSE
> was locate and updatedb running while I wanted to work...

This was the reason why they removed it some time ago ;-) .

OTOH, they could have it installed but simply dropped the cron
job...

> Useless little tool... find and grep are enough...

Well, I like it because it is much faster than find,
especially on large discs.

BTW: Right at the moment I let kat index my hard drive. I'm
curious about the results.

Best regards

    ce