[linux-audio-user] Interesting news item

M P Smoak smoak at mis.net
Thu Jun 2 11:48:54 EDT 2005

How's this relate to open audio?  I know lot's of linux app's now use xml
for config files.  Now office app's will have xml data files.  I find this
real interesting.

quote from BBC  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4603539.stm

Microsoft adopts web file styles
Microsoft is putting a key web technology at the heart of its most popular programs.

 By late 2006 all the files created by users of its Office suite of software will be
formatted with web-centred XML specifications.

 The decision marks a big change to Microsoft's existing proprietary file formats
that can be hard to work with.

 Microsoft said the changes should make it much easier for companies to do more
business via the web.

endquote

Marv