[linux-audio-user] ICE-1712 (Envy24) + Enemy Territory (hope Quake3) = Sound!

Alan Taylor alan-linuxaudiouser at lowb.org
Sat Jun 4 22:35:32 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 05:13 +0400, Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> Hello!
> Finally I've found some time and coded a small wrapper (based on
> artsdsp) to hear the sound from Enemy Territory on my Delta66.
> Actually it routes the sound through JACK, so it may be useful not
> only for poor Envy24 users :)
> I hope it should work for all Quake3-based games.
> Feel free to try it out and send your comments.
>
> Hope it'll help somebody besides me.
>
> The link: http://www.konstruktiv.org/q3jack/
>
> Cheers!

Even though the .so was installed in /usr/local/lib, I got an error that
it was looking for it in /usr/lib.

# make
gcc -O2 -fPIC -c -Wall -DHAVE_IOCTL_INT_ULONG_DOTS  -o q3jack.o q3jack.c
ld -o q3jack.so q3jack.o -shared -ljack -lsamplerate

# make install
cp q3jack.so /usr/local/lib
cp q3jack /usr/local/bin
/sbin/ldconfig

# q3jack quake3
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/q3jack.so: