[linux-audio-user] ALSA/dmix recording problem

Peter Gaži petergazi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:08:02 EDT 2005

Hi people,

I am using kernel-builtin ALSA and dmix for sound, as my sound card
doesn't support hardware mixing, but i can't make teamspeak work. I
have read on the forums that dmix doesn't support full duplex, so i
would like to ask if anyone knows of some hack to get sound
recording/microphone work in this situation. Or should people without
hardware mixing on their cards give up hope on recording and listening
to multiple sound sources at once?

Thanks for any hints.

Peter